It was on September 11th, 2011 in Malleswaram, Bangalore that our dream took shape with the co-operation of a famous industrialist and Hari Guru Devotee Sri.Chempi Umesha Venkatesha Bhat and Shadja Kala Kendra was established. The stalwart of Harikatha form Santa Bhadragiri Achyuta Dasji and Gwalior-Kirana Gharana’s most acclaimed singer Pt.Vinayak Torviji inaugurated this institution and blessed us. Since then the classes are being conducted regularly and many students have been benefitted from this.
Many renowned artists, philosophical gurus, saints have visited, blessed and encouraged this institution. Among them the President of ‘Sri Ramakrishna Mata’, Mangalore Swami Jitakamanandaji, Swami Omkaranandaji of Badarikaashrama, nation’s celebrated singers Vid.Lalita.J.Rao, Padmashri Pt.Ullas Kashalkar,Pt.Ganapathi Bhat hasanagi,Pt.Parameshwara Hegde famous tabla artist Pt.Gourang Kodikal,Pt.Ravindra Yavagal, Pt.Ashish Sengupta, Dr.A.H.Ramrao of National College, Mysore.V.Subrahmanya, well-known Haridasa Bhadragiri Sri Sarvottama Dasa and many other Harikatha artists and musicians have whole-heartedly blessed this institution.
- basic and advanced teaching in Hindustani Classical Music.
- Adopting Gurukul methods of teaching.
- Organising workshops, conferences, lecture cum demonstrations in classical music,Katha Keertan and fine art.
- Research and publishing of books on classical music and Katha keertan.
- Vast library – wide collection of books/religious books and cassettes.
- To develop and nurture the interest of people in villages towards Classical music, Fine art, Harikatha and bhajans.